Allowable claims using NutriFusion™
The simple addition of NutriFusion® and the nutritional benefits it imparts on your packaged goods, creates the perfect line extension…the small percent increase in production costs, enables a several-fold increase in cost-to-consumer pricing as your product would be perceived as a nutritionally superior product.
Three significant NutriFusion® on pack claims can be made…
1. Fruit and Vegetable RDA Claim *
100% of the Recommended Daily Allowance (RDA) of nutrients from fruits and vegetables.
- 100% RDA of nutrients for vegetables
- 100% RDA of nutrients for fruits
2. Nutrient Source Claim * **
- Rich in Antioxidants (A, C, & E)
- Excellent source of Vitamin A
- Excellent source of Vitamin C
- Excellent source of Vitamin D
- Excellent source of Vitamin E
- Excellent source of Vitamin B1
- Excellent source of Vitamin B6
3. Serving Claims
- Provides the essential nutrients from serving of fruits or vegetables in each serving.
- For example, "we provide 6 essential nutrients from 2 servings of pasta!"
3. Added consumer benefits
- In certain products, such as baked goods, it can extend shelf life due to the high levels of anti-oxidants (both from vitamins and polyphenols in the fruits & vegetables).
* Assumes that sufficient levels of NutriFusion powder is used in a food product to allow the above claims.
* As defined by the FDA CFR 101.9, Section 8 regulations and the USDA RDA guidelines (as of Spring 2010.)
** As defined by the FDA CFR 21 regulations.
(Back to top of page)
Contact us for more information!